If you're looking for the easiest 4-Ingredient Christmas treat,theseChocolate Rum Balls are it!
Rum balls take less than 20 minutes to throw together OR even less if you get the kids involved!NO BAKING required and NO need to melt any CHOCOLATE!These little rich and decadent Chocolate Rum Balls are our very own quintessential Christmas treat in Australia,where chocolate and coconut meet condensed milk and crushed wafers or cookies!
A hint of rum makes these the BEST treats to give as gifts OR serve to your guests!
Easy to make,I bet you have the ingredients necessary in your kitchen cupboards to make these right now!
The rum part to be optional in this recipe,as many of our readers aren't comfortable giving treats with alcohol to their kids.Of course,these balls are AMAZING with or without rum!Or you can make half a batch with rum (1 tablespoon is enough for a half batch),and half a batch without!I'll leave that part totally up to you.
Biting into these Rum balls is one blissful bite after the next.
What You Need To Make Chocolate Coconut Rum Balls
- Condensed Milk: for the sake of saving some serious calories,I used Nestle Reduced Sugar Sweetened Condensed Milk,but you can use any type,really.
- Desiccated (or finely shredded) coconut.
- Cocoa powder.
- Plain sweet cookies: the type you dunk into your tea or coffee.Vanilla wafers,milk arrowroot,or even plain chocolate cookies.
- A couple tablespoons of rum: as I mentioned earlier,this isoptionaland can be added to only half of the batch instead of the entire batch if you're hesitant to serve them to children.Having said that,most of us grew up eating Rum balls at Christmas parties and we turned out fine!You can also use whisky or bourbon.
How To Make Rum Balls
- Place your cookies in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.You could also crush them in a food processor if you wish!We prefer the rolling pin method because we love some larger cookie pieces in our balls!
- Then,add all of your ingredients into a large bowl
3.You can start off mixing with a wooden spoon but may need to use your hands once the mixture becomes too thick.Once it's thick,please don't add any more liquids to it!It needs to be thick enough so once it refrigerates,it sets into a truffle-like ball.
4.Then,roll into a ball by the tablespoonful
5.Roll each rum ball in coconut and place them on a tray to refrigerate.
Good LUCK not eating any Rum balls while you make them.
That's it!The easiest truffle Rum balls recipe on the planet without needing to melt any chocolate.必威电子竞技Perfect for gifts OR as anafter dinner mint without the mint!
More Christmas Treats!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TObetway88体育CAFE DELITES NEWSLETTERFOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe,please use the hashtag#cafedelitesonINSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW betway88体育CAFE DELITES ONFACEBOOK|INSTAGRAM|PINTEREST|TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT,RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Rum balls are the easiest 4-Ingredient Christmas treat!NO BAKE and NO MELTING CHOCOLATE!Where chocolate and coconut meet condensed milk and crushed cookies with a hint of rum to make the BEST treats to give as gifts OR serve to your guests!
- 9 ounces (250 grams) vanilla wafers/cookies -- or plain chocolate cookies (I use Arnott's Milk Arrowroot biscuits)
- 14 ounces (400 grams) sweetened condensed milk (I used Nestle Reduced Sugar Sweetened Condensed Milk,but you can use any)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey's)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded or desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 3/4 cup finely shredded or desiccated coconut (or more)
Set up a work station with a large ziplock bag and rolling pin (or a food processor);a large bowl for mixing;and a shallow bowl with 3/4 cup of coconut for rolling in.
Place the cookies in ziplock bag,seal and crush with the rolling pin.Alternatively,crush in the food processor until fine crumbs form.It's ok if there are some slightly larger pieces.
Add the crushed cookies,coconut,cocoa powder and condensed milk to the large bowl.Mix the ingredients well using a wooden spoon,then your hands once it gets too thick.
Scoop out a tablespoonful of mixture and roll into a 1 - 1 1/2 inch ball,then roll in coconut until completely covered.Place on a baking sheet or tray and repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into balls.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Store in an airtight container layered with parchment paper or plastic wrap in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
© 2017 betway88体育CAFE DELITES.All rights reserved.All images & content are copyright protected.Please do not use my images without prior permission.If you want to share this recipe,please provide a link back to this post for the original recipe.